Friday, 5 July 2013

Summer Strawberry Cheesecake style Dip!



I thought today I would share something super easy to make that is going down really well in my house at the moment! It also pairs up pretty well with all the tennis that’s on the television too.. This cheesecake style dip takes about twenty minutes to make and tastes SO good with strawberries and apple slices. First, you will need:
2 cups of cream cheese
1 cup of whipping cream
4 tablespoons of brown sugar (although taste as you go, some may like it sweeter, some may not!)
1 cup off chopped strawberries
2 drops of vanilla flavouring
3/4 crushed digestive biscuits
white chocolate chips (just to sprinkle over the top, another thing you can decide)]

Start by prepping your fruit and chop your strawberries into quarters. I just used Sainsbury’s basic strawberries as they are only £1 for a punnet and once you have them mixed with all the fatty goods they don’t need to be the best. Save the better more expensive ones for dipping! Next get your cream cheese, throw in your strawberries, a bit of sugar and the vanilla flavouring and mix until smooth. I just used an electric whisk as I am lazy. Next whip the whipping cream and add the rest of the sugar. Whisk until thick. Do this in a separate bowl and then once you are done just fold it into the cream cheese. By now you are pretty much done! I put it into a heart dish and crumbled some digestive biscuits on the top, added a few more chopped strawberries and sprinkled on the chocolate chips. Perfect!

2 comments:

  1. Might have to give this a go. I love anything cheesecake related :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty tasty! My boyfriend ate 75% of the bowl which was pretty insane as it is kind of like eating a tub of cream....

    ReplyDelete